Thank you to the Giant Food team for their continued support of the NOVA Diaper Bank. We delivered 82,762 diapers to families in need from 07/01/2016 – 06/30/2017. Giant Food ran a diaper drive in the community which supplied the diaper bank with over 62,000 diapers. We couldn’t have done it without you!!!
• Infants need up to 12 diapers per day & toddlers need about 8 diapers a day.
• An adequate supply of disposable diapers can cost more than $100 a month.
• In low-income households, babies often spend a day or more in a single diaper.
• Inadequate diaper changing increases the risk of numerous health problems.
• Low income parents may not be able to benefit from free or subsidized childcare because they must leave disposable diapers at the childcare centers. This can lead to work and school absences among the caregivers.
• A baby crying from being in a soiled diaper for prolonged periods of time may be at a higher risk of physical abuse by a caregiver, as evidenced in studies of patterns of abuse among low-income families.
• An adequate supply of diapers for infants & children is considered a ‘basic human need’.
We work through established helping organizations like WIC, Inmed Partnership for Children, FACETS Cares, Loudoun Cares, BirthRight of Loudoun County, Grace Ministries of Sterling UMC, Good Shepherd Alliance and others to bring diapers and supplies to families in need. We make all donations through a participating group.
And, it’s easy…simply email firstname.lastname@example.org with your client needs and we will take it from there.